||Deputy Executive Director
||Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
The Deputy Executive Director is a member of the Executive Team and works in close partnership with the Executive Director and the Chief Operations Officer in driving organizational success and enhancing the company capability and capacity.
The Deputy Executive Director advises on governance policies, oversees policy implementation, operations of Regional Offices and capacity building; and leads other thematic teams/departments.
The position takes an active and leading role in establishing organisation objectives and creating business operations strategies.
The Deputy Executive Director will be appointed for a 3-year employment contract (subject for renewal based on performance) and the position is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with frequent international travel once restrictions are lifted.
- - Directs annual planning and oversees the implementation of company’s Policy Programmes & Regional Initiatives, Inclusive Green Finance, In-country Implementation and Capacity Building .
- Directs annual planning and oversees activities for company Regional Offices in Africa (ARO), and Latin America and the Caribbean (LACRO).
- Reviews company’s knowledge products to ensure conformity to quality and expectations of members.
- Represents the company at member institutions and international events as approved by the Executive Director from time to time in order to develop and sustain proactive relationships with members and international community.
- Contributes to annual planning in the framework of the corporate scorecard.
- Assists the Executive Director in his role as Board Secretary in preparing and conducting Annual General Meetings, Board Meetings and Board Committee meetings to ensure good corporate governance.
- Provides conceptual inputs and drafts for Board papers, internal policies and regulations, and proposals related to the company governance.
- Assumes responsibility and leadership on strategic projects jointly defined and agreed upon with the Executive Director.
- Provides reports to the company Management Team and Executive Team on the activities of departments under the Deputy Executive Director’s office.
- Facilitates effective project management and approves expenditure for Policy Programmes & Regional Initiatives, Capacity Building, In-country Implementation, Inclusive Green Finance and Regional Offices to ensure conformity to members’ demand for services, budgetary provisions, planning objectives and agreed commitments with funders.
- Leads the annual Global Policy Forum (GPF) task team and the implementation on the ground.
- Deputizes for the Executive Director during periods of absence, and in relation to specific matters, issues or elements of company operation as delegated from time to time by the Executive Director, ensuring a consistency of approach and decisions which align with the company’s objectives.
- Coaches and mentors senior management staff members and support their professional development.
- Identify and resolve complex operational challenges in a fast-growing international network organization with innovative management approaches, change management methodologies and evidence-based solutions.
- Manage multicultural and professionally highly diversified teams in advancing international financial inclusion policies from the host country and through regional offices across different geographic locations and time zones.
- Contribute and support the strategic expansion of the company’s institution membership and international partnership to sustain and maintain the company global positioning.
Main business activity
The company is a leading organization on financial inclusion policy & regulation promoting and developing evidence - based policy solutions that improve lives of the poor through the power of financial inclusion
If you want to apply for this opportunity