||Manufacturing Plant Director
||Germany, Bodensee-Oberschwaben region
||Automotive mechanical systems and components
The Plant Manager position has broad responsibilities for leading and managing the plant as a reporting unit contained within a business unit. This includes owning the total P&L of the operation (100+ M€ revenues, 240+ people) sales, pricing, program management, and production for complete product lines, including customer delivery and satisfaction. The Plant Manager is also responsible for planning and executing a profitable growth strategy.
In addition to the P&L and growth responsibilities, the Plant Manager must develop a culture of continuous improvement. This includes driving and implementing improvements for plant processes, quality, cost reduction, lean and launch activities.
This role will also require working with matrix support providing R&D, applications engineering, human resources, purchasing, finance, and risk management, among other functions. As a key business leader, the Plant Manager must balance local accountability with global functions to define the best business outcome. This role requires being capable of motivating a high performance and self-directed staff that collaborates well with other global reporting units and global functions. Focus on operating effectiveness and efficiency is essential to attain near term goals to improve plant financial performance.
- The Plant Manager will manage all aspects of a stand-alone production facility including production strategy, plant engineering, manufacturing engineering, human resources, finance, compliance, purchasing, logistics and quality. He/she will also be responsible for securing new business, product pricing, sales support and funding new product development. The Plant Manager will also:
- Drive a culture of safety within the company’s operations to improve working conditions, where required, to reduce injuries, minimize downtime, reduce workers’ compensation costs, and improve worker morale;
- Work with the leaders of global sourcing, inventory management, and logistics and warehousing practices to create forward thinking improvements;
- Foster best practices between sales, engineering, and manufacturing to provide better visibility to sales forecasts to improve production planning, purchasing and supply chain practices, and order to delivery timelines;
- Lead, teach, and implement enterprise-wide lean practices and other best operational excellence programs across the entire business to enhance productivity, quality, working capital utilization, and manufacturing profitability. Maximize synergies between manufacturing operations and demand flow and production planning to reduce cost, eliminate redundancies, and improve processes and product flow. Instill these operating philosophies in all aspects of the operations;
- Empower all functional members of the organization to implement quality practices and procedures into all aspects of operations. Drive an operational focus on first time quality;
- Ensure operations-wide compliance with all Corporate, local, state and federal regulations in all areas of legal, employment, environmental, health and safety;
- Maintain a positive employee relationship with the workforce;
- Grow and place the right talent for today and tomorrow; ensure everyone gets the development they need; and develop a strong bench strength of leaders to meet the future needs of the company including succession candidates; and,
- Emphasize sound business and operations processes and build strong, effective and collaborative teams between the local and global operations and functional teams.
Main business activity
Manufacturing facility of a leading worldwide automotive components and parts supplier (10+ Billion sales, 29000+ people).
If you want to apply for this opportunity